exile. a while
Art of the Networked Practice
We have a situation!
The Magdalena Project
Tales from the Towpath
this twitter feed widget has decided to break, i know not why or how to fix it. click here if you want to
follow my occasional activity on Twitter
Tweets by @helenvarley
Open login screen
Original content in this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
Friday, June 5. 2009
1. there are a lot of public holidays in denmark; today, friday, is a public holiday, as was last monday, and the monday before that. on public holidays everything is closed.
2. all danish houses are built from small red bricks, and most have orange or brown tiled rooves. nearly all bathrooms are tiled with brown patterned tiles.
3. danish people are very nice and helpful, and not stressed out.
4. danish houses & public buildings are very clean.
5. danish restaurants close early; yay for the italian cafe in ringkobing, run by real italians!
6. danish supermarkets are slightly chaotic & randomly disorganised.
7. when danish people say their equivalent of "yeah", they say "yo" at the same time as taking a short in-breath. try it.
8. there are good sweets & biscuits in denmark.
Trackback specific URI for this entry
Display comments as (
In reply to
[ Top level ]
Enclosing asterisks marks text as bold (*word*), underscore are made via _word_.
Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images.
E-Mail addresses will not be displayed and will only be used for E-Mail notifications
To prevent automated Bots from commentspamming, please enter the string you see in the image below in the appropriate input box. Your comment will only be submitted if the strings match. Please ensure that your browser supports and accepts cookies, or your comment cannot be verified correctly.
Enter the string from the spam-prevention image above:
Subscribe to this entry
Helen Varley 's bookshelf: currently-reading
Digital Rubbish: A Natural History of Electronics
Die Mumins: Abenteuer im Mumintal
After Babel: Aspects of Language and Translation
Writing Under: Selections From the Internet Text
Don't Ever Whisper
and ratings with Helen Varley , and even join a